The most common SPRAY TAN questions I get from my clients
Sunless Tanning is a specially formulated solution that is misted over the body through HVLP or Airbrush system. Over a matter of hours, the naturally sourced active ingredients work with your skins amino acids to produce a natural and safe pigment. As with a sun tan, the pigment is temporary.
No, absolutely not! The solution is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients. I am trained and certified so that you don't have to worry!
Please see below in "Take Care of your Spray Tan" section to find out the proper steps that need to be followed before your spray tan.
Please see below in the "Take Care of your Spray Tan" section to find out the proper steps that need to be followed after your spray tan.
The entire process takes about 10-20 minutes, from start to finish.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR SPRAY TAN
Here is what to do:
- Exfoliate for 1-2 days prior to your appointment
- Moisturize heavily the evening prior to your appointment to rehydrate your skin.
- Wash, shower and lightly exfoliate using water only the morning of your appointment.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting and dark clothing to your appointment
- Undertake personal hair removal a minimum of 24 hours proir to your appointment
Here is what not to do:
- DO NOT shower within 3 hours of your spray tan appointment
- DO NOT wear any makeup, moisturizer, deoderant or perfume to your appointment.
- DO NOT use any soap or body products the day of your appointment.
- DO NOT use moisturizer on your skin prior to your spray tan appointment
I will do a full skin analysis and discuss why you are needing a tan prior to beginning process. This way I can guarantee the perfect color for your skin tone and preferences.
You can wear whatever you feel most comfortable in (Example: lingerie, bikini, or nothing)
The spray tan will last approximately 15-20 minutes including drying time.
Tips for after your spray tan:
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing. Preferably a top where you don’t have to put a bra back on.
- Avoid tight clothing, including shoes until your tan has developed.
- Avoid heavy exercising until after you shower.
- DO NOT wear red clothing, this can potentially turn the bronzer green while its on your skin prior to showering.
- DO NOT shower, swim or exercise heavily for 2-8 hours. (Depending on which solution you’ve been sprayed with)
- After your shower, pat yourself dry. DO NOT rub because this will cause fading and splotchiness of your tan.
- DO NOT put any products on your skin for 24 hours after your spray tan appointment.
During your shower, you will notice spray tan solution washing away. Don’t worry, this is not your tan coming off, its just the excess color guide that is still sitting on your skin.
Tips to maintain your tan:
- Moisturize your skin twice daily to maintain your spray tan as long as possible. Best time to moisturize is right after your shower.
- Avoid prolonged soaking in water as it dries the skin out and may fade your spray tan.
- DO NOT exfoliate your skin until the tan has faded, or just before your next spray tan.
Your spray tan will not provide protection from the harsh UV rays of the sun so please continue to be sun smart.
Enjoy your beautiful glow!
The most common EYELASH EXTENSION questions I get from my clients
Eyelash Extensions are individual strands of synthetic fibers made to replicate a natural eyelash. When applied, eyelash extensions lengthen and thicken your own natural eyelashes. The single strands are applied to each individual eyelash, one by one. With proper application, lash extensions look and feel completely natural.
I only use professional grade adhesive which never comes in contact with your skin. Synthetic eyelashes adhere about 1mm away from your skin.
Eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your own eyelashes. Depending on your activity and day-to-day routine, refills should only be required every 2 to 4 weeks.
For more information, please see "Maintenance" below.
Eyelash extensions are designed to give your natural lashes an improved look of fullness so mascara is not needed. However, I recommend a water-based mascara those who feel the need especially nearing time for the next refill.
I ask you to minimize the chance of wetting the extensions for the first 48 hours of wear. After that 48-hour period, the adhesive used to apply your eyelash extensions is secure enough to allow you to get right back to your routine.
I will talk with you to understand what type of style you are interested in and what look will work best with your natural lashes. The overall look of the lashes can range from very natural to very voluminous!
I offer a service to have the extensions removed involving a short thirty-minute appointment in which we apply a gel remover. The gel remover is applied on top of the extensions without touching the skin and allowed to sit for 10 minutes. Once the adhesive is dissolved the extensions are gently wiped away with lint free applicators exposing the natural lashes.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS
I will make sure your eyelashes are thoroughly clean before starting the eyelash extension process. Please come in with your eyes au naturale to make the process quicker and easier.
An eyelash session usually takes about an hour. I normally have music playing and may have few directions or questions for you. You are welcome to nap or converse with me during that time.
Eyelash extensions cannot get wet for at least 48 hours after application.
- Use only water based makeup or makeup remover. Most mascara and eyeliner have chemicals and oils that will break down the adhesive and can ruin your eyelash extensions.
- Try not to rub around your eyes, especially when cleaning your face.
- Never attempt to remove eyelash extensions yourself. Always see a technician to have them professionally removed.
- Never use an eyelash crimper/curler. This can permanently damage both your natural lashes as well as your extensions.
- Avoid extreme hear, humidity, and cold weather. (Example: Hot showers, or saunas)
Follow these instructions to ensure that your lashes look as best as they can and stay on through a complete cycle.
LASH SHEDDING CYCLE
The average person has anywhere from 80-150 lashes per eye. When applying lash extensions the goal is to attach every lash available to your natural lash during your appointment.
Why do you need a fill every 2-4 weeks?
It is important to know that we naturally lose about 2-5 eyelashes per day. If you average 3 eyelashes a day this is how many you are losing:
1 week: 21 lashes
2 weeks: 42 lashes
3 weeks: 63 lashes
4 weeks: 84 lashes
So yes, some eyelashes may fall out before your next fill, but don't panic. This is normal. It just means that your natural lash is probably at the end of its growth cycle. Schedule your fill when necessary.